Engineering: Complete project life cycle
Progress is your partner for engineering projects related to production, pilot plants and laboratory facilities in the (bio-)pharmaceutical and health care industry.
How can we help you?
We can manage or support your new building or revamp project in terms of both layout and construction, complete with cleanrooms and supporting areas, utilities, production processes, laboratories and all the associated process and analytical equipment.
Progress can manage, organize and / or perform the following activities to successfully complete your project:
- Feasibility studies
- Engineering (Conceptual- and Basic design)
- Project review / second opinion
- Detailed design (management)
- Construction management
- Calibration management
- Commissioning and Qualification
- Computerised system Validation
- Cleaning Validation
- Process Validation / PPQ
- Handover to the routine organisation
- Asset management
Progress has extensive experience and knowledge regarding processes and unit operations in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries and have in-depth knowledge of the guidelines for small molecules, large molecules (biologicals) and ATMP products.
- New- and revamp of buildings
- Cleanrooms and air processing (HVAC)
- Upstream processes
- Downstream processes
- Aseptic filling
- Cleaning-In-Place (CIP)
- Sterilisation-in-Place (SIP)
- Water- and steam preparation (water for injection (WFI), purified water, clean steam)
- Containment / operator exposure reduction (for example facilities for BSL-2, BSL-3, highly potent substances and radioactive substances)
- Destruction-autoclave and kill systems
- Powder or liquid transport and handling systems
Thanks to the numerous projects we have finished successfully, we have a strong knowledge base of these systems. We provide excellent consulting services in this area. We can identify any bottlenecks regarding implementation in advance to improve the quality and user convenience.
Brown field: Revamp projects: upgrade current facilities
In many cases existing facilities do not meet the current pharmaceutical standards anymore, the process automation level needs an update or capacity of the cleanrooms and processes does not fit with the current demand.
In these cases a strong interaction within several departments is pivotal to minimise downtime, prevent out of stock situations for current products and minimise the impact of other operational processes and projects.
These “brown field” projects request a different project management, project organisation and communication than “green field facilities” to mitigate the business risks.
Progress project managers and engineers are highly experienced in revamp projects and work in strong cooperation with your organisation.
LEAN, OPEX, Green- and Black belts
Progress project engineers are Lean Six Sigma certified. With this knowledge our engineers add value by finding optimal solutions and implement project smoothy and fast track.